Monday, January 24, 2011

organizing my thoughts

So I've decided that I want to do programming to make art.....I've hit the brick wall of endless possibilities quite soon, so I came here to vent out ideas and hopefully come up with something useful. I want to convey an emotion. I think my first attempt will be to convey contempt. What kind of imagery does that imply?

I think that contempt is something that usually drives a wedge through things. It is an emotion that is destructive. So how do I go about destroying things animatedly? I can have images that break apart into smaller versions of themselves. I could have an object that is moving through them and causing their division. I want to make it clear though that this isn't a "Strength in Numbers" sort of piece. I should have theses divisions experience some kind of attrition with each other. They should interact with each other aggressively and chaotically.

I will start with simple shapes and go from there. I'm thinking triangles. Something pointy. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Well when I think of contempt I think of an object of contempt. Contempt is usually directed at someone or something or some situation. Will you have an "object of contempt" in your animation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a definite possibility. That actually just gave me an idea....more programming.

    ReplyDelete